Income protection insurance safeguards the financial security of your dependents in the event of you being unable to work through ill health or disability.
When thinking about income protection, it is important to consider:
- for how long your employer would continue to pay you in the event of illness
- how far your savings might stretch if you became ill or were unable to work because of a disability
- whether you would need insurance payments to begin immediately, after a short delay or in the mid-to-long term
- that self-employed people do not have the security of employer-provided benefits and policies to fall back on.
Our advisers help employees and the self-employed find an insurance policy that works for their circumstances, needs and budget.
How we work
Our advisers will first establish whether you already have a form of income protection insurance, as many employers choose to offer this as an employee benefit or incentive.
If you need a new policy, we will find a solution that is tailored to your needs from a wide range of insurance products.
If you're self-employed, we can help you work out:
- what percentage of your earnings your policy should cover
- how long a 'deferred period' you can accept for payments
- how much you can afford to pay in monthly premiums
- whether an 'any occupation' or 'own occupation' policy is appropriate.