Tax investigations, including investigations into tax fraud and tax evasion are a real and growing threat to small and medium sized companies. However, there are things that can be done to protect yourself during an investigation, and this is where taylorcocks' team of specialist tax advisers come in.
Investigations by HMRC are becoming more common, and it's essential that you have the support of experts in all investigatory areas including:
- Code Of Practice 9 (COP 9) & COP 8 Investigations
- voluntary disclosures
- technical disputes with HMRC
- formal inquiries dealt with at local HMRC level
- VAT Investigations
- paye investigations
- corporate tax investigations
How we can help
Taylorcocks only employ chartered tax advisers (CTAs) and Ex-HMRC inspectors with experience of all types of HMRC investigations. Our investigation specialists will:
- attend meetings with HMRC on your behalf
- negotiate and work to reach a fair and final settlement, including reducing penalties where possible.
- negotiate a reasonable and affordable payment period
- fees - our prices are competitive and we will do our upmost to ensure that our professional fees are fair and reasonable
If you are under HMRC investigation, please contact a member of taylorcocks' tax team for a free and strictly private consultation.