Why review your accountancy service?
Like any other service your business uses, you should consider reviewing your accountants periodically and ask yourself the following questions:
- Is the current level of service satisfactory?
- Does the service represent value for money?
- Might we be missing specific tax expertise that could reduce our tax payable?
- Does my accountant really understand our needs and our vision for the future?
- Could I get a better service and/or lower cost elsewhere?
- Has our business outgrown our current accountant?
A business should periodically review all expenses, and accountancy costs are no different. You have nothing to lose by taking a second opinion as there is no cost involved for your business.
We will meet you for an hour or so to understand your business, your priorities and your specific accountancy requirements. You will then receive a detailed and fully costed fixed-fee proposal which meets your needs. There is no obligation to take matters beyond this point if you do not wish to.
It could be that an accountancy review confirms your existing accountant is offering a good service. On the other hand you may discover that significant improvements could be made. Either way, a review will leave you with a good benchmark of your current service and a good understanding of what else is on offer.
If you decide to change accountants, we will ensure that the process is handled seamlessly and professionally. Simply notify us of your decision to change. We will manage the handover process with your outgoing accountant to ensure a timely transfer of information.