We have an exciting new opportunity for a Mortgage and Protection Adviser in our Portsmouth office. Key responsibilities are:
- using effective questioning skills to establish customer needs, recommend mortgage products and service to customers for whom they are suitable as part of a full advice and recommendation service delivered over the telephone and, when required, face-to-face. Be the customer’s primary contact throughout the mortgage application process up to the point of mortgage completion.
- ensure that all advice is given on the basis of a full and detailed fact find which complies with both the Financial Planning business’ and its regulator’s requirements. Maintain accurate and relevant customer records.
- present appropriate recommendations in a clear, concise and accurate manner, both verbally and in writing. Confirm all advice in writing to the customer within two business days. Undertake appropriate and timely oral and written disclosure. Comply with the Financial Planning business’ requirements for the content and format of the information provided.
- project a professional image to your customers and colleagues. Build strong customer relationships and provide an excellent customer experience, whilst adhering at all times to Financial Planning business procedures and the FCA’s MCOB regulations and guidance.
- work effectively with your colleagues and other departments to provide a high standard of customer service and to meet the Financial Planning business goals.
- maintain an excellent knowledge of the Financial Planning business mortgage products, underwriting and affordability requirements. Maintain an up to date knowledge of all other products and services offered by the Financial Planning business, its subsidiary and associated companies.
- during fact find process gather sufficient information to establish the customer’s needs for general insurance and pure protection products and, where appropriate, effect prompt referrals to the Financial Planning business partners in order to meet these needs.
- proactively pre-empt issues with regards to customers and resolve problems arising. Act promptly and in an appropriate and courteous manner in response to any customer complaints in accordance with Financial Planning business procedures; provide appropriate feedback to enable improvements to customer’s experience of the Financial Planning business.
- understand what Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) means in regard to NCBS and embed this fully within your work.
The role will be based predominantly in our Portsmouth office, however it will cover all offices. It is therefore an essential requirement that you hold a current driving licence and have your own transport as some travelling will be involved.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practice (CeMAP) qualification is essential
- Certificate in Regulated Equity Release (CeRER) qualification is desirable
- at least 1 year’s experience as a Mortgage and Protection Adviser
- experience of Buy to Let market, commercial lending and equity release is an advantage
- excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office with intermediate excel skills as a minimum
- excellent IT skills
- highly personable with excellent communication skills
- commission only – OTE of £60,000
- 23 days annual leave (excl BH) – increasing by one day per year after one full year’s service up to a maximum of 28 days
- access to our corporate reward scheme
- free parking on site